I’m now over four weeks into my 6-week weight loss challenge to finish 2020 strong. My goal was to lose 25 lbs in 6 weeks. But at my last weigh-in, I am only down four pounds total after four weeks. So I’m going to have to lose another 21 pounds in these last two weeks to hit my target weight (299 lbs).
That is still possible. But I’m going to have to level up my diet and start exercising regularly to hit that goal.
But looking over my results these last few weeks, my biggest issue has been eating snacks at night. While I’ve only had a full-on binge a few times after dinner during the past 30 days, there’s really only been ONE FRICKIN DAY where I didn’t eat any snacks at all – just my three meals a day.
That’s my main diet rule/strategy for this challenge: eat only 3 meals a day with zero snacks.
And I’ve only hit that target one day in four weeks! Yikes!
So I decided to do a little brainstorming session to come up with 20 things I can do to avoid binge eating and snacking at night. That should help me drop several pounds this week, maybe even enough to get back on track to losing 25 lbs by the end of the year.
Here’s what I came up with…
- Eat some “comfort food” at dinner to satisfy my cravings
- Drink extra water in the evening
- Put a “No snacking” note on kitchen cupboard and fridge
- Write “I do not eat snacks at night” 100x a day
- Keep a “No snacking” rule card in my pocket every day
- Post a “No snacking” note on my desk wall
- Write “No snacking” on my hand – in Sharpie!
- Go to bed earlier
- Drink hot lemon water at night
- Repeat “I do not eat snacks at night” 10x every hour at night
- Read from weight loss book at night
- Stand up weight loss book on desk at night in field of vision
- Set reminder alarms every hour from 6 to bedtime
- Research how to stop binge eating
- Have an accountability partner
- Eat 4 slices of bread with dinner
- Chew gum at night
- Drink caffeine free diet soda at night
- Reward yourself for NOT snacking at night
- Give up and intentionally binge on low-cal snacks at night
- Split dinner in half and eat the other half as a “snack”
Have any diet tips to share?
What works for you to keep the munchies in check late at night?