3 quick things:
- After leveling off in 2019, I gained 26 pounds in 2020 (from 303 to 329 lbs).
- Counting today, there are EXACTLY 42 days left in the year 2020.
- My friend Michael just posted on his fitness blog that he is going to try to finish 2020 strong by reaching his goal weight, and I want to join him.
So here we go again, kiddos.
My Weekly Weight Loss Blog Series to Finish Up 2020
I hit my all-time heaviest weight of 329 lbs on Tuesday (today is Friday). My weight came back down a couple pounds since then, but I’m tired of this shit.
I’m tired of pandemics and lockdowns and stress eating and trying to squeeze into public restrooms designed by skinny people with short legs.
So for the next six weeks, I’m going to diet hard and exercise daily in an attempt to lose 25 pounds in just 42 days. That will put me under 300 pounds for the first time in a year and a half (May 5, 2019).
Yes, I keep track of that stuff =)
So if you want to follow along, you can subscribe to my blog in the sidebar (or scroll below this post, if you’re on a phone or tablet).
Or just remember to come back to ChrisDesatoff.com every Friday for the next six weeks.
My Weight Loss Goal
- My current weight: 324 lbs
- My goal weight: 299 lbs
- Weekly goal: lose just over 4 lbs per week for six weeks
What Daily Habits Will Achieve Those Goals on Autopilot?
- Walk or power walk for 30-60 minutes, 1-2x daily
- Dumbbell and calisthenics exercises
- Stretching routine
- Eat 3 small meals a day (portion control)
- No snacking
- Limit to 1 can soda and 1 cup coffee a day
- Watch/read/listen to fitness content online every day (blogs, videos, podcasts)
- Read Brian Tracy’s “No Excuses!” book, chapters 16-17 daily
- Check in with an accountability partner (probably Michael, unless that creeps him out)
- Share the process daily on Twitter, Instagram
- Blog about the process (weekly)
What Rules Will Support Those Habits?
- “I don’t eat sweets” (when offered candy or whatever)
- “I’m on a diet” (when offered anything but celery)
- “I don’t snack between meals” (when I find myself in the kitchen for no damn reason)
- “I walk first thing every morning” (when reaching for the snooze button)
- “Breathing hard and sweating feels good” (when it starts to hurt)
- “I always shower twice a day anyway” (when trying to talk myself out of breathing hard and sweating)
How you can follow along with my weight loss progress…
I’ll be posting progress updates in these places:
And if you want to follow my friend Michael on his weight loss journey:
- Michael’s blog CrossingColorado.com
- Crossing Colorado on Twitter
- Crossing Colorado on Instagram
- Crossing Colorado on Facebook
6-Week Weight Loss Challenge 2020 – MY RESULTS
Week 6 update