I will lose 100 lbs in one year (2021) and do weekly blog posts to track my progress. Subscribe to the blog and follow along.
This is Week 1 for 2021.
Day 1: Friday 01/01/2021
- Weight: 318 lbs
- Steps: 590
- Breakfast: ???
Well, this year didn’t start out so great.
I actually wasn’t sure if I was going to blog about my continuing weight loss journey this year. I was up and down (emotionally) over the last few days since finishing my 6-week weight loss challenge yesterday (in which I lost 9 lbs in 6 weeks).
I was happy with the results, but I had a lot of mixed feelings about New Year’s and what I wanted to do in 2021 (blogging, vlogging, podcasting, cartooning, etc).
Anyway…I pigged out yesterday…and today…and the next day.
In fact, I didn’t record anything, so I forget exactly what I ate this day. But it wasn’t my usual – it was A LOT (see Day 4 below for an idea of what I’m aiming for in terms of my diet).
Day 2: Saturday 01/02/2021
- Weight: 317 lbs
- Steps: 397
- Breakfast: Gandule (Puerto Rican) rice
- Lunch: 2 bowls Gandule rice
- Dinner: 2 pcs chicken + asparagus
- Dinner #2: 1 box mac n cheese
- Drinks: 3 water + 2 coffee
I think there might have been some more food in there somewhere (popcorn, cookies, pizza, etc), but I didn’t record it (I didn’t start working on this blog post til Day 3).
\But, despite not sticking to my diet for the third day in a row, I still managed to lose another pound after my spike on New Year’s Day.
Day 3: Sunday 01/03/2021
- Weight: 316 lbs
- Steps: 1,735
- Breakfast: ½ cup oatmeal + 1 handful blueberries and blackberries + 1 spoonful peanut butter powder
- Lunch: 2 cucumber sandwiches + 1 handful veggie chips
- Dinner: 1 ½ baked potato + 1 ½ lobster tails + like 10 stuffed mushrooms and MELTED BUTTER OVER EVERYTHING
- Snacks: none
- Drinks: 4 water + 3 coffee + 2 diet root beer
So today is when I finally decided to continue the weekly weight loss blogs from last year into 2021.
And since I was losing weight pretty consistently during the last few weeks just by dieting alone, I decided to try that here in 2021. I’m curious to see how much weight I can lose without exercise.
But, I do have those two DietBet games going in January, and I will need to lose 13 pounds in just 4 weeks in order to win those (only 3 weeks now). That’s WAY MORE than I was losing during last year’s 6-week weight loss challenge.
So idk, I might have to do some exercise this month in order to hit my target. After that, I can just go back to dieting alone.
But, with that MASSIVE dinner I ate tonight, I don’t think snacking before I hit the sack is going to be a temptation at all. I’m literally stuffed right now.
But it’s only 7:32pm. We’ll see how the rest of the night goes.
UPDATE: Now it’s half past midnight. I’m getting my 2nd wind. I’m working on a new blog post. And I am HUNGRY AF.
I have a bad feeling about this…
UPDATE: 3 Meals and 0 Snacks!!!
Day 4: Monday 01/04/2021
- Weight: 316 lbs
- Steps: 467
- Breakfast: ½ cup oatmeal + 1 spoonful peanut butter powder + 4 strawberries
- Lunch: 2 cucumber sandwiches
- Dinner: 1 can corn + 2 cups white rice + adobo chicken drippings + 1 big piece of cake
- Snacks: none
- Drinks: 6 water + 1 coffee + 1 diet root beer
3 Meals and 0 snacks!
I did splurge on some cake for dessert after dinner, though. But because I stuck with my usual light breakfast and light lunch, I think my weight might still drop by a pound or two at tomorrow’s weigh-in.
Day 5: Tuesday 01/05/2021
- Weight: 315 lbs
- Steps: 2,490
- Breakfast: ½ bagel w/ cream cheese + ½ cup oatmeal w/ pb powder and mixed berries
- Lunch: 2 cucumber sandwiches + 1 extra slice bread
- Dinner: 2 bowls mung beans + rice w/ chicharron
- Lunch #2: mung beans and white rice w/ fried pork rib chunks
- Drinks: 4 water + 1 coffee + 1 coke + 1 lime soda + 1 diet root beer
Last week I totally binged on New Years Eve and New Year’s Day, which spiked my weight up a few pounds. Then it took me three days to bring those pounds back off again.
And now, I totally blew the diet today and ate what basically amounted to a second lunch.
But it was tasty tho. Gotta admit. And it wasn’t super junk food or anything. Just an extra bowl of food.
So honestly, I’m not too disappointed with myself. It’s a speedbump, nothing more.
If anything, I might have sunk my chances of losing 3+ pounds by the next weigh-in (my weekly goal for January). But I think I’ll still end up losing a pound between now and Thursday. So not a total defeat.
I just need to pick up the slack next week and continue to tighten up my diet going forward.
Day 6: Wednesday 01/06/2021
- Weight: 318 lbs
- Steps: 1,258
- Breakfast: 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Lunch: 2 cucumber sandwiches + veggie chips and hummus
- Dinner: 3 fried chicken strips + fries + coleslaw + 1 slice Texas toast
- DINNER #2: linguini w/ red spaghetti sauce + cheese
- DINNER #3: mung beans + rice
- Snacks: a whole pack of Ritz crackers
- Drinks: 2 water + 1 coffee + 1 large sweet tea + 1 diet root beer
Again with Dinner #2. Meh. It was a VERY STRESSFUL day.
I think that might have had a little to do with my split-second decision to go out for Cane’s chicken strips, take a 3-hour drive around town to clear my head and then STILL eat pasta for dinner when I got back home a few hours later (and then snacks too – a few more hours later).
I have a bad feeling that this week has been largely wasted. I was 315 last week, and I’m 318 today, one day before this week’s weigh in.
That means I’m going to need to lose like 4 lbs a week for the next 3 weeks (no…5 lbs/week, if today’s weigh-in sticks) in order to win my 2 diet bets for January.
We’ll see how it goes.
And Thursdays are supposed to be Pizza Night at our house from now on.
I officially “declared” it last week lol.
UPDATE: Dinner #3 WTF?!?!
Day 7: Thursday 01/07/2021
- Weight: 321 lbs
- Steps: 1,667
- 2 x 20 standing pushups (leaning against sink)
- Breakfast: mung beans + rice w/ pork sparerib + chicharron
- Lunch: mung bean + rice w/ pork sparerib + chicharron
- Dinner: 2 mini pizza
- Snacks: 5 cookies
- Drinks: 2 water + 2 coffee + 1 soda
Weight spiked up another 3 lbs (that’s 6 lbs in 2 days and +7 lbs total since last week).
But it’s okay. I have a feeling it’ll drop down at least 1-2 lbs tomorrow. But I have been eating a lot more food – and more calorie-dense food – this week. So it’s not surprising.
But if I just stick to my damn diet next week, I’ll take it all off and then some.
Tonight, however, I will NOT be eating diet food. It’s frickin PIZZA NIGHT, and I am eating pizza for dinner.
Tomorrow is a new day – and the start of a new week.
I’m looking forward to it.
Stats for Week __
- Last week’s weight: 315 lbs
- Current weight: 321 lbs
- Pounds lost this week: GAINED 6 lbs
- Days I stuck to my diet this week: 2
- Total steps this week: 8,603
- This week’s daily average: 1,229 steps/day
Progress So Far (2021)
- Starting weight (12/31/2020): 315 lbs
- Current weight: 321 lbs
- Total pounds lost this year: GAINED 6 lbs
- Average pounds lost per week: GAINED 6 lbs/week
- Total days I stuck to my diet this year: 2 out of 7
- Total steps this year: 8,603
- 2021 Daily average: 1,229 steps
Okay, well…I put on six pounds since my last weigh-in a week ago (on New Years Eve). Stress eating was a major problem for me this week, even BEFORE the unprecedented political bullsh*t that will talked about in every US History textbook going forward.
It was a rough week.
(Thinking about what to even talk about here…)
Yeah, sorry…let’s just put this week behind us already.
See ya next week.